Thursday, January 13, 2022

A new year lies ahead!

 Hello South Weber! Here's a little note from me to you:

🙂
I am getting ready to start my 3rd of 4 years on city council. Phew! Time flies! A new year is always a good time to look back at what you have accomplished and what you hope to still achieve. When I ran for council much of my platform was focused on increasing communication from the city to the citizens. Since my time in office we have been able to get high quality live streaming (so we can see now!), updates to mics and sounds system (so we can hear now!), a new city website that is (hopefully!) much more user friendly, and a significant increase in social media activity and email postings. We have accomplished a lot and we still have more we would like to do. I am excited to see so much come to fruition!
I have long felt that information like recaps and reminders of meetings should come from the city and have tried since my time of being elected to get this into position. In my first years on council it was difficult with time constraints and resources of staff, but with recent changes to employees it is now a much more feasible change. A few months ago it was decided to have city employee Shaelee King start attending all our meetings - including committee meetings - so she can better inform the citizens. It was also determined at that time for her to do city council recaps - and I am excited to see she already has Tuesday meetings up! The city's facebook page continues to consistently send out updates and I am very proud of their hard work and our collective progress. Shaelee was even posting stories throughout our Tuesday's meeting making it easier than ever to stay informed on what is happening at city hall. Find it on the city's Facebook page - and make sure to follow so you continue to see things!
This means for me things will be changing a little bit. I want to thank the many of you who have always thanked me for the updates and the posts. I am so grateful to hear from so many of you so often who have found it helpful!
But don't worry - I'm not going anywhere. I will still be here to weigh in on meetings, focusing on topics like why I voted a certain way, things I am working on in my committees and other information you may be interested in. Last night, I accepted to be on our legislative policy committee, which means I will be getting weekly updates of the upcoming legislative session. One thing I have learned in my time in office is how much these sessions impact cities like ours, and more than I would like to see, it ties our hands and removes local control. It is important our state reps hear from us, but I also know how daunting that can be. I'm will be posting to help let you know what is going on, what bills will be affecting South Weber directly, and how you can get in touch with your reps to give feedback. I look forward to this going forward and as always, welcome your feedback, concerns and comments.
It has been the greatest of honors to serve the people of South Weber and I look forward to what we can accomplish together. Happy 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment