Friday, August 30, 2019

Announcement!


Have you ever had lingering nudge that just wouldn’t leave you alone?  Ever had to take a leap that was a little scary and stretched you outside your comfort?  Yep.  That’s happening over here.

Over the last few months as I’ve gotten more involved in the going ons in South Weber City, the more I felt drawn to an empty seat at the city council table.  And then something amazing happened.  All at once an entire community got together to share opinions, thoughts, action items, events - even formed a non-profit organization -and wanted to make a difference.  And that little nudge that was already in the back of my mind wouldn’t leave me alone.  I attended a public meeting and, along with many other concerned citizens, waited 3.5 hours for my chance to make my voice heard.  The meeting ended with an official telling us “we are only 20 people.” We weren’t enough to spark a change.  I felt discouraged.  I felt beaten.  But then I realized...we ARE NOT only 20 people.  We are 700+ and counting all wanting our city officials to hear our voice.

And so I took the leap.  I am an official WRITE-IN for the upcoming election for City Council.  Please stay tuned of what I hope to offer my community.  Over the next few days, weeks and months there is a lot going on in our community.  And I want to keep  YOU up to date and posted on ALL of it.  So follow me if you will.  If you feel this would be helpful to fellow residents and neighbors, please share my name and their option to vote for me.  #SWmorethan20





South weber announcement! 👏🏻🙌🏻👏🏻 #swmorethan20

Posted by Hayley Dixon Alberts on Friday, August 30, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment